Kendall ,

Please email me at oneils44@comcast.net . I will send you an example oh how wav. sync can work .

Wav. 's need to be loaded into ram . The same way you replace a sound in a midi sequence , you can replace that sound with a wav. file . Go to GM mode , select channel , press ram button and use the Function buttons to assign the wav.

Now .............how do you sample , than save and incorporated that wav. into a sequence ...without having to use software ?

Well , Software ( all ketron engineer's use steinberg) is the best way to utilize the wav. sync feature . But ...let me see if I can give you some direction .

#1. You need to know the tempo of the style or midi sequence in order to incorporate a wav. into one the midi tracks . Timing is everything and it takes getting use to the sampler .
I have sang a harmonized phrase for 8 seconds . You can set the vocal setting to 02 ( Right) . You need to know the pitch of the tune , proper chord changes etc ...to be able to sing the part .

press sampler button , use F2 to choose the desired length of the sample , use your hand to play the proper chord , Press F10 to start , and start singing .
IT TAKES PRACTICE !

Once the sample has been completed , you have the ability to use the Function buttons to edit your sample . Kind of screw around with the different capabilities .
If you look at F7 + F8 . Press F7 and change it to fixed . You also have the ability to transpose the pitch with F8 .

So let's say you are happy with the sample .

You have to name the sample the same title as the midi file . The Sd1 will automatically place that saved sample into the master folder 94 .

You will need to load the desired sample to be able to have access to the sample .

Play a midi file and press F1 for GM parts .
Choose a track and while it is highlighted , press the ram button and select the sample .

I am missing a few steps for sure , but this explanation will hopefully get you in the right direction .

It is also possible to assign a sample to a style . More on that later . Let me know if this helps .
Gotta go . Dano

------------------
Piano Man's Music City
624 Frederick Rd .
Catonsville Md. 21228
410 747 0200
danosmusic@yahoo.com