I guess the problem for me is, the low paying but very public jobs are where I book not only my higher paying private parties but a lot of my "day work". I do communications research, retail packaging, web sites and other electronic communications projects and lots of video based work requiring sound scores. A good day client is worth at least $100,000.00 a year.

The place is frequented by money people and Lexington is a s "one horse" town, with a very distinct line between social groups.

I'm now the "go to" piano guy for society jobs...not because of talent but because I've outlived everyone else.

My last house job was summers on a patio. It started in May and ended in October. By the middle of June, I had my 200 plus winter jobs booked.

This is a year-round job, which means I will have to give up lots of my one-nighters. One "one-nighter" is actually several trips of two weeks duration overseas. A week overseas pays the same as a year in the restaurant.

It's an "eggs in one basket" situation. I want to do it all, and that just can't happen.

To maintain the contact with the public, I need part-time exposure thru this type of restaurant. This is a full-time job.

It's a problem, but a good problem to have, I guess.

Thanks,

Russ