Hi Mark,
sorry, I wasn't pointing out the demo's, I was pointing out the manuals.
I'm not a big fan of their demo's. Sound is subjective, you'd really need to listen to it live.
The PA3X does sound better than my PA800 when played thru same speaker system & playinging identical style. Styles better balanced or something.
With some of my old PA800 styles, if they were too busy, I'd mute a track , or the odd one( some were up to 16 bars long) I'd shorten the variation to 4 bars ( simply done.)
Bear in mind, I enjoy editing styles etc for me it's the onboard functions & what I can do, as much as anything.

I'm not a performer. You really need to play one to see if the styles would suit the music you play. If I can't find an onboard style that suits, I either edit or convert one.

For me the PA3X, has everything I could want. It now has 4 variations instead 2, which makes the fills smoother. It has a great Pad system. It's got a sampler. Works well as a keyboard controller. I can set it up to suit me etc etc.

Our needs are probably quite different, for me it's just the perfect keyboard. haahaa. I've had nearly all the major brands over many years, Technics, Roland ,Yamaha, Ketron & Korg.
Originally Posted By: Mark79100

Hi Rikki.....I went to the above link and listened to the "sounds." I was very UN-impressed with the violin, strings, musette accordion, and trombone. They sounded flat...limp......empty. You DID say it depends on what you're listening through. Does it sound better "live?"

Also, when I listened to the PA2X I thought the styles were good but too "busy." They sound great the first time around, but soon get tiring to hear (because they're so "busy). In an arranger KB, you tend to have to play around the styles somewhat. I'm afraid I'd (and the audience)soon tire of each styles complexity.

What do YOU think?

I've ruled out the Tyros. The other member's description of it as being too "vanilla" was the perfect description.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022