I enjoyed listening to Brian’s music but I am not sure what the keyboard above the Kn7000 is doing. I would like to suggest to those who are interested my thoughts on adding a second keyboard.

1-A controller keyboard; no sound of its own, it sends a message through a midi wire to a second keyboard.

2-You will not need to use the buttons on a controller while playing – the controller keyboard is set to send it’s single on channel 5 (Through midi) at the beginning. Some controller keyboards will allow you to set a default so that whenever you put the keyboard on it automatically goes to channel 5.

3-Since the Kn7000 is receiving a single through channel 5 the Kn7000 must be set to the same channel, #5.

4-Panel Memory in either mode must be used.

5-You set Rt1 sound, Rt2 sound (Right 1 and right 2 both in the right hand) Then set the left hand sound. If you are using a third sound for the harmony set that also. Save this in one of your Panel memories.

6-Select Program Menus – Right side of keyboard / Select Sound / Select Setting.

7-Use the Part Select button on the left side to go to Part 5. Here is where you can select a sound that will compliment the set up you have saved in the Panel Memories.
Keep in mind that the instrument in part 5 (Track 5) can be changed easily by pressing another Panel Memory you previously save with this method.

You now have a second keyboard ready to play a 3rd quality Technics sound.

When I added a Synthesizer, Yamaha or Roland the sounds were good but they did not match with the sounds of the Kn7000. This is not to say that they were bad or good, they just had a different quality.
Using a Controller keyboard eliminates this issue. And it keeps it all Technics sounds which sound great together.

Hope this helps, John C.