Over the years, Halloween has really grown in popularity, almost to the same level as Saint Patrick's Day. I guess all those kids grew up and wanted to continue the party atmosphere. Ironically, a lot of this seems to have carried into the senior circuit. Nursing homes, assisted living centers and retirement communities get all decked out with pumpkin carving contests, orange and black streamers, cardboard cutouts of black cats, goblins and witches, and other associated decor. The residents dress in homemade costumes, put on face-paint and do an incredible job. They love to dance, but they also seem to enjoy novelty songs they cannot dance to.

I usually wear an all-black outfit, and place a glow-in-the-dark, life-size skull on the keyboard stand. I tried wearing a mask once, but it was too hot and it was nearly impossible to sing through--big mistake.

If I could video one of the events I would, but setting what little hair I have on fire and moon-walking is out of the question--it ain't gonna' happen! wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)