Quote:
Originally posted by maxicat:
Does the midijay have the same styles, and it sound as good as the SD1? Vikki(uk)

For the same reason, to lighten the load, I bought a Midjay in addition to the SD1. I copied all SD1 styles into the Midjay. My guitarist swears that the Midjay sounds not as sophisticated as the SD1 does. I agree partly with him: some of the SD1 styles suffer when played on the Midjay, others don't. Also the break and the fill ins do not sound as sophisticated as on the SD1.

If you play styles and Midis only, and want to flexibly vary the whole arranger by fill ins, break, drum settings during the performance, the SD1 is imho the better choice, despite of the weight.

Additionally, changing on the fly sounds for the left and / or right hand is not very comfortable with the Midjay. If you leave open the menu with the right hand presets in order to change fast during the performance, the footswitch changes the presets instead of the arranger (despite of the pre-defined definitions for the footswitch).

However if varying styles is not your the first priority and your performance could benefit of having styles / Midis and WAVs / MP3s, and the possibility to mix them, then the Midjay is the better choice.

I'm afraid you'll have to try it out yourself :-)

Brgds
Hansruedi