Originally Posted By: lahawk
Actually you would think, by now, keyboards would have gone DOWN, and down a lot. They have not. Every other electronic product that uses microchips, memory, and other such components have seen the cost to the consumer drop dramatically. The reduced costs for these products did not come with reduced features, rather they were made with more faster and more reliable components...better than ever.

Compare the reduced cost of Flat Screen TV's, computers, cell phones, etc. back then to now, and compare it to the increased cost difference with electronic keyboards, and one has to wonder why, IMO they are so overpriced.

$4500 for a keyboard? This isn't a new invention folks, and thus should not be priced like it's new technology.

So to answer your question, based on electronic chips, memory, and components being really cheap compared to 1990... YES, Arranger Prices have really gone up.

BTW...please direct me to the $3200 T-4. confused

Larry,

I think you are right, I think the problems with KBs is numbers made, KB numbers are minute compared to PCs
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey