I enjoyed reading your post, Gary. I'm impressed with singing songs in different languages. I had opportunities to learn French, Italian, Greek, and Russian, but I only learned to make a decent Thousand Island.

I definitely enjoy doing the senior circuit here in the Chicago area.

I like the appreciation I get, that most of my gigs are during the morning and then at 2:00 or 2:30 p.m. I like the smoke free environment. I enjoy delivering clean one-liners between songs.

Frankly, business has been more challenging the past two years. I've been able to raise my rates somewhat, but I'm also working a little bit less because of the economy. The skyrocketing cost of self-employed health care (my premiums have doubled in 3 years) and the high price of gas (even though I drive a rather economical mid-sized car) take a bite out of my bottom line for sure.

Still, it's a lot of fun, and I'm keeping pretty busy. I've got three shows this weekend.

There are definitely a fair share of very talented musicians in the senior circuit. With the diminishing amount of opportunities performing in theaters, orchestras, and at clubs - because of the economy, a lot of very talented musicians make their way into the senior circuit. I'm always working on my chops to stay one step ahead.