I think there are two basically different types of people who are interested in this question.

I'd guess the vast majority on this forum are existing PSR users who are quite naturally interested in the next model, some quite keenly, but it really isn't a matter of serious concern.

The other type, of which I'm one, either doesn't have a keyboard at all and is looking at what is available or has a fairly old one, possibly a different make altogether (this is me), and is considering a replacement. What the manufacturers are planning is of much more serious and practical concern to this type, for various reasons.

For instance, I am considering a brand new S910 as a replacement for my venerable Technics KN2000. But, if I were to buy an S910 now, I'd be very upset to find that I had missed out on a much improved version at a similar price in two or three months time, OR, that if I'd waited a few weeks or months, I could still buy a new S910, but at a considerably lower price than today . . .

That's two good reasons why it really matters to me and I'm sure there are others in the same situation.

I think that long-term forum members probably don't realise quite how many 'lurkers' are hanging on their every word in a desperate effort to ensure they eventually make a good purchase and don't inflict buyers remorse on themselves!