You've all known me for sometime and know that I'm somewhat of any expert on the Roland synths (and other synths). I also happen to be very familiar with working with computers (i.e. Pro-Tools, Emagic, Cubase).

The thing is however, as many studios as I've been in and worked in, I've never had to use a Patch Librarian. Why? Well, I've always been familiar with how to operate synths (From the Korgs to the Kurzweils) and have been familiar with their sequencers and patch layouts.

In my studio, my Roland XP60 and S760 are making me fed up (dare I say this) because of the sheer number of sounds. This aint like the DX7 days when you'd have 32 patches per bank. My board is expanded and has something like 1500 +/- patches.

I'm tired of scrolling through looking for inspiration for my next track. I've read up on programs like Sound Diver, etc. but would like some advice from you all (who may be more experienced with librarians) on how a librarian would help me, and if I could organize patches by instrument category (The Roland JV2080 and later synths could do this, I'm not quite sure why Roland left it out of the XP60, which came out a year later than the JV2080).

All I'm saying is that I have this old PII350/64MB PC laying around and thought it would be cool if I used this (or this old PII266 laptop I have) for a program like Sound Diver.

Is getting program like this going to help me make better use of my MIDI setup?

Thanks - The Infamous Epu.