Not using MP3 tracks or SMF's...you are missing the boat smile

It is the best way to deliver a "pro" sound that the popular venues are looking for....Performances that "sound like the record"..There are folks that will do anything to make it their own and not like the record...the big difference...they won't work the venues I mentioned..

With the band ...we use 100 percent backing tracks...with our own vocal tracks...I record a SMF with live vocal backing, as a MP3 and we sing and play over them live..

I use different methods of audio /mp3 playback..the Laptop being the best all around..but I have used the media player on the Prelude with great results, as well as the player on the MediaStation..

Yes I had a couple problems with the PA800..not because it was "broke"...The PA 800 has a problem (MP3 player) playing back any SMF recorded on the G70 (all PA800 have this problem)..I think the limited buffer on the Korg is the cause..
Same problem with larger size sequences..

Personally, I rather use SMF's..as I do with my "solo" work...My preferred keyboard (G70) shows chords as well as the lyrics..this is perfect for my needs...Use of the SMF markers, and on the fly editing...makes it superior to me..I also rather use the harmonizer, when and if I choose..I only use MP3's for breaks when I solo gig..

I would suggest ..."use all the tools"...just try to incorporate your own touch (play over) when you can..

"Style " play is okay and a great way to handle request, or standards.....but..not ideal all night long, especially 4 hour jobs...You cannot compete with the competition..unless you use all the means ...