Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

TWD is right, you chaps are thinking your ears are all perfect most of you over 60 and you don't know unless your have been for a hearing test recently, the more your play your KB near to load noise the more your ears will be damaged, so it is little use you trying to judge what is good HF and LF, just believe me my HF is shattered and only a good set of hearing aids (Phonax) will bring some of it back, (not all). BTW if your hearing is damaged, it is more easily damaged future if you continue to be exposed to load noises. I am sure you all know about this and don’t need me to tell you, but just in case. Incidentally women can hear much HF than men so don’t ask your Doris about the bass pedals. A good test is set the KB on Hammond sound set the transpose up high and see if some of the top notes disappear when you play them, then get your wife to see if she can hear them and then go the see the audiologist.

Tony

Tony, I had my hearing tested this past December, and me and neighbor's dog howl at the same time when we hears a siren....but, if'n I don't get to go and get TWD's headphones, I'm still gonna get some Marmite from him...can't get it here on Cape Breton Island...must be one of them there mainlander products...I can put a little in me ears when the sirens start bothering me again, and even feed some to the neighbour's dog. wink

When you're married you develop a special kind of hearing....selective hearing...Ha Ha!

Ian

PS...I have a buddy with hearing problems...he told me he bought a cheap hearing aid...I asked him, "What kind is it?"

He looked at his watch and said, "It's 3 o'clock." wink