Originally Posted By: peter b

If you haven't got the Jukebox Software then one has just come up for sale on e bay.

By the way I prefer your new avatar

Thanks for that Peter - I got a brand new and unopened Jukebox Kit off Ebay a month or two back for 9 Pounds (14 Dollars).
I also have Styleworks XT Universal, Song Manager, Audio Recorder, SD Explorer and Rename Files. I think thats about the whole collection !! I also use Propellorheads 'Reason', Cakewalk Pro, Cubase, and Band in a Box, so there is not a lot I can't do to murder a song in the computer !!!

Re the avatar - I changed it as I thought that our lady members needed to see what a handsome, well educated male with charm, poise and personality looked like !! Thats just my dog 'Stanley' !!

Re the 9000 - I think the '9000 Pro' version is much better than the 9000 with an extra octave of keys, more sounds, more styles, etc.- I am now saving my pennies (very slowly!), to hopefully get another 9000 Pro, which I want to midi to the KN7000 - As a pianist originally, I really appreciate the extra octave, and it still has some great sounds. Also, as yet - I am still trying to get my head round sequencing with Technics, and can do it quickly and well with the Yamaha OS, which I am used to after over 25 years with Yamaha !!

On a general note - I had already noticed that KN7000's always fetched a higher price in USA. They are fairly scarce in UK, as most people are hanging on to them - I know two Tyros 4 owners who will never sell their KN7000, even though they rarely use them!! In USA they appear to be much thinner on the ground, and rarely come up for sale, even so - with it being such a large Country, it is not practicable in most cases to collect one, and as I know to my cost - it is not a good idea to trust carriers.

Is it all about 'supply and demand' ?? If there is a demand for an object that is in short supply, then prices rise, and that, I think, is why prices of the 7000 and 2600 are rising so rapidly. Why is there a demand ?? Is it that these keyboards are the last ones to be made with more substantial quality of construction - sounds and features that have still in some cases to be equalled? ... We will never know, as we can only describe our own reasons - not those of others.

Kind regards,

John