I thought that the internet direct connected styles for Yamaha's couldn't be copied?

Surely I can't be the ONLY one that has noticed the radical reduction in third party styles and new factory styles available, these days? Maybe I'm looking back with rosy glasses, but Roland, Korg, Technics and probably most everybody back in the youth of arrangers (back when most new styles came on cards, not floppies) produced styles in between model changes, and often in great number (there was a WIDE selection of style cards that Roland made, I definitely remember).

Nowadays, not so much...

Content is what drives the arranger industry. Without protected styles, we get meager dribblings of the odd new style, but nothing significant until a new model comes out (with new features, so these styles play poorly on older arrangers). BTW, I'm talking about styles the quality of the ROM, not half-baked user styles or bad ports of styles made for another arranger...

I still think that an iTunes model for secure delivery of affordable styles will make the market explode...