Hi ZZ,
I got mine last xmas . It's got the original operating system 4 b & I think 5.4 ? eprom. I didn't update to 4 c.

I don't know how many mb's it loads on start up, again it's original sounds. I did play around with wav audio loops for styles & got that working. Even created a clarinet from the wav samples in a soundfont. Didn't sound as good as the onboard clarinet, but that may have been due to my lack of knowledge on how to manipulate the sample once it was loaded ie add effects etc etc I took the samples etc back out.
About the only thing I've added is a few user styles which I created for my Making Styles group, and they're only convervisions from other keyboards or or made using the copy function.
Unlike you, I haven't got the musical talent to create from scratch.

AJ's stuff sounds interesting..

best wishes
rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by zzprod:
unfortunately my sd1 behaves more like Toni's. Rikki, what's your secret for a healthy sd1? how old is yours? what OS and EPROM? how many mbytes of samples do you load on start up?
mine is an old sd1 (not plus)with some buttons need to be cleaned but they all work, os 4.0c, eprom release 4.2 (ordered from AJ the new release, hope that will help), and I use about half of the memory with my favorite samples.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022