Thanks Nigel,
I'll weigh up the risks.
I actually use a desktop for internet etc, and a laptop for my music stuff. My music software programs, files etc are backed up on cdroms ( plus in my desktop pc.)
Means I can easily start from scratch again, provided I don't do something strange to the operating system & my windows disappears ( haa haa , eek !!)

Hi Frank, great to hear from you again.
I always do a restore point before adding or deleting programs , utilities etc ( so far so good)
The software you mentioned above , is that designed for computer dummies like me to enable them to remove stuff from the computer , & then restore it back to prior state , just in case the stuff removed causes unseen consequences to other programs on the pc??

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
Nah, I think Rikki should spend all her time with software. It would keep her away from all that hardware stuff.... On her PC Rikki could always create a Restore point and recover her previous condition....almost always!!!

Besides if it doesn't work Rikki just goes out and buys something new!!!!

On a more serious note....,in general it is worth tweaking the PC for music or multi media. It optimizes performances - more RAM, faster startup - shut down, less disk swapping and so on.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022