Yah... I knew about the FAQ, and so I sent an email to Voyetra and here is the response I got to a 2-question email I originally sent to them (they posted their answers after each question):

=====================
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 8:07 AM
To: asamson@socal.rr.com
Subject: RE: RPMidi or USB MusicStarterKit

Thanks for the answers. In question #2, what I meant to ask, was: Will RPMidi work with the interface cables I have?

All our Sequencing programs (including RP MIDI) work with all standard MIDI interface cables that are properly installed and configured without any conflicts.

Also, I read your FAQ'a regarding the loading of *.sng files being a two-step process. Since I don't have Orchestrator, once I purchase RPMidi what options do I have to load my *.sng files - I only have about 5 that I care about?

Sorry but RP MIDI does not support file types from over 10 years ago such as SNG. Since you only have a small number of files and since you did not upgrade in the last 10 years, perhaps you can do without them.

Best regards,
Sam,
VTB Sales Team

=====================

No THAT doesn't sound very friendly now does it. On the one hand, I will buy the software and then try again, but then again, if they won't support it then I could really buy anybody's midi software, right? The only reason I'm "locked" into Voyetra is for the hope of them helping me solve my small little problem. That's when I decided to ask the community. I'm not giving up yet, not until I try what you suggested.

------------------
Andrew