Actually I'm no help to you but you could be to me. See I'm interested in buying a workstation. One of the main features I'm looking for is MIDI file playback.

When you describe your "alternative" method, I follow you when you say youcan save your xp-50 sequence to a MID file on diskette. From there you can bring that .MID file up in a computer based sequencer for editing. Here's where I'm a littel lost, when you say "load it back into the keyboard's sequencer", do you mean playing the sequence directly from diskette? or do you actually re-load the sequencer from disk, then play from the sequencer?

Also, is it even possible (and I thought it was) to playback a .MID file directly from disk? f so, are there any performance issues with .MID file playback from diskette, such as intermittant timing problems.

I have a laptop running Voyettra's Difital Orchestrator Plus, which is sending MIDI data to my JV-1010. But I get timing problems almost all the time. It's very annoying. They seem worse during recording and not bad during playback. But the intermittant metronome causes me playing errors.

Sorry I couldn't help you.

Bob