well im taking a midi class next semester at my local community college and i dont know the first thing about the subject. Here a few questions
1.If i compose something in Cubase, and tell one of my midi channels(which is connected to a korg EA-1) to play that will it send a signal to the machine to produce those tones through the audio output(that is linked to a speaker) or will it generate the tone on the machine and send it back to the software and make the tone on the computer.

1b. Could i make it so that it program everything on the synth and it is entered into a memory of some kind storing those notes, for later playback.

2. If i were to link together 5 korg electribes EA-1 via midi cables would they all be synced together in terms of tempo and the start of a bar?

3.Since i used rebirth im really used to creating patterns then orginizing those patterns. Is there a similar way to do this in midi?

4. if i were to get the midiman 10x10 how many independent channels would i have? how many indepentend instruments could i control(so that another doesnt synth plays the same exact notes as another)?

5.is there a way to adjust the frequency cutoff quickly(like doing a scribble scratch)? or any other of the myriad knobs via midi?

6.what is a good interface for compisition?

7. whats a good book to learn more about MIDI? im looking for something for someone with no knowledge?

[This message has been edited by MRT1212 (edited 01-29-2001).]