Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:

I even went out and purchased a USB adapter and, of course, it did not work. That is because the Tyros2 OS only supports old, outdated USB wirelss adapters (hello, Yamaha, OS update time!) Since you can not specify what version of these things you want when you buy online, they send you what they have currently. Mine was not returnable (bye, bye $38!).

Tom, definitely a BUMMER to discover your USB-Lan device not only incompatible, but not returnable back to the internet dealer either.

Curious which specific internet dealer you purchased it from, as all the internet dealers I've dealt with allow returns/exchanges, especially for incompatible equipment.

Here's Yamaha's listing of Tyros2 compatible USB-Lan Adapters and their associated minimum firmware version requirement to work with Tyros2.

Curious which USB-Lan Device: brand, model, and firmware version yours has. If it's firmware version incompatiblity only, is it not possible to upgrade/downgrade to the firmware version compatible with Tyros2?

In the meantime, I too am anxious for Yamaha finally deliver on their promise of providing us FREE USB-Lan Adapters.

Scott