Hi John,
if they are Disk Orchestra Disks, even if you manage to save them as a midifile, you'll possibly have problems with the sound & drum mapping. The original disks are not xg or gm.
ie you could have brass playing instead of a piano if you use it with a normal gm or xg soundsource. Drums can be an even bigger nightmare. I'm going to the extreme of editing a soundfont for use in my laptop. Longterm project.
One of the older Yamaha soundmodules TG100 I think had the Disk Orchestra mapping & there used to be a module called the DOM 30 that used to play them directly.

I'm not familiar with how the psr's Steven mentioned handles them ie if the can save them as a midifile, do they also alter the drum & sound mapping to xg??.

My Clavinova plays them, but I have no way of editing or saving them on the Clav.
Supposedly my PSR1500 is Disk Orchestra compatible. I have a usb floppy drive but it's not a yamaha one ( it belongs to my laptop)my normal midifiles play via the floppy drive when connected to the psr, but the Disk Orchestra DIsks aren't recognized
( I get format error).
When I midi my Clav to PSR1500 & use the Clavinova's disk drive to play the disk, the psr1500 plays the Disk Orchestra sounds & songs back perfectly.

My Technics keyboards used to play the Disk Orchestra disks & so did my 9000pro.

What keyboard do you actually have??

best wishes
rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wavelength:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022