Hi Bill

I am more of an organist than piano. Most organists play their bottom keyboard set a lot softer than the melody.

I think your best bet is to play it like it is 2 keyboards using a split at F#2. Then you can have the organ voice (or any other voice for that matter) set to sound softer and an octave higher than what those keys would have been in the "real" world. It will then sound like you are playing around middle C just like on an organ even while your right hand may be playing around middle C.

Again since I'm more organ than piano, I play the piano and all sounds this way. If you don't jump around alot in your left hand and play all chords in one basic area like F-F the most taught or C-C, probably the 2nd most used, but to me easier and more logical way to play,then you will find this an easy way to go.

If you get used to it, you may dump full keyboard mode, it allows a lot of very nice left hand voices to be introduced or sometimes to have no left hand voice on for some other good effects.

Hope this give you a couple of ideas to try.

Scott