Mo,
Yes, I updated my E50 and my E60 at my store.
The V link button can now be changed to be an assignable button. I have several options of what it can be programmed to do.
As to the midi pedal issue, I spoke with Jan vogul at Roland. He explained to me that it's not that easy to do. Because there is no documentation from roland telling you if the variations, intro's and endings, etc. have been assigned a midi protocal enabling the user to program these functions on a midi controller, he doesn't know if it will work. He explained to me that sometime ago, with the JV80 or some keyboard like this, a midi chain of events were established by Roland Italy or USA to do certain functions, and then sometime later, Roland Japan used the same set of midi protocol to do some other things. You can see there was a problem.....
So Jan said he will contact Roland Italy and find out if a midi setup (protocol) has been established and if not if they could do one for the E series keyboards. I don't know how long it will take to find out, but he's working on it.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)