At its price point I think the GW-7 sounds are pretty decent, though some are obviously better than others! The advantage of this keyboard is there are 2 controller knobs that allow you to change each preset tone in subtle or drastic ways (read page 12 of the downloadable manual). Once you edit a tone to your liking, you can save it to one of 128 User Tone slots. You can register your favorite tones (10 apiece) to one of 10 different "Favorite" categories for quick access. You can adjust chorus and reverb send levels using the controller knobs, or do more comprehensive fx editing on the front panel. The GW-7's best and most comprehensive sounds are the Electric Pianos, Organs, Accordians, Basses, Brass, and Ethnic Instruments from Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.

I also have S & X Fantoms but am using my GW-7 as my main controller because I like its easy, uncomplicated layout and its quieter synth keyboard action, compared to the semi-weighted clunkier, noisy action of the Fantoms. In fact, I am selling my Fantoms and buying a Fantom XR rack module instead. I also prefer using my GW-7 because it's simpler to sketch out songs using style arrangements than using Performance mode in the Fantoms (at least for my kind of material). By using the optional Style Works software, you have access to styles from all the top arranger keyboards (and the conversions are excellent)!

Hope this helps,

Michael

[This message has been edited by ocomain (edited 04-25-2006).]