If everything works out OK, I'll be taking possession of a 33 Morgan Out Island sailboat at the end of next week. This is a big step up from the 27 Catalina I currently own. The 33 is very comfortable, built for ocean cruising, has every imaginable commodity onboard and quite spacious.

My plan is to partially retire in 2012. I'll be 72 years old and hopefully, still in relatively good health. If my health doesn't deteriorate, I figure on setting up a light playing schedule in Maryland from May through early October, which is essentially most of the summer months. In early October, the music gear and provisions will be loaded aboard the boat, the sails raised, the a leisurely trip will be made down the ICW, or the Atlantic Coast if the weather allows, to Marathon Key, Florida, where I hope to be playing the dockside Tiki bars during the height of their tourist season, which is November through April.

Naturally, I have planned several side trips to the Dry Tortugas, Bahama Islands, BVI and a few other locations. Might even sail to Tony Rome's place for a couple days of fun in the sun and the world's best snorkeling.

Of course, my loving spouse of nearly a half-century thinks I'm completely out of my mind. Who knows, she may be right. Of course, she may also opt to go with me and bask in the tropics for the winter instead of clearing snow from the sidewalk and driveway, which is a killer task most years.

Attached are a few photos of the boat.

The above photos are from a boat in Florida, but the one I'm getting is nearly identical, but has teak interior decks and a little more teak trim inside and outside. The boat also is equipped with air conditioning, refrigeration and heat.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)