Quote:
Originally posted by Musicman22:
I spent many years in the "recording" studio as an arranger, composer, conductor, producer and sometimes singer in NYC. In my experience in the studios the musicians were able to do what you're posting with little problem. It didn't happen to often, but once in a while it did. These musicians are incredible players.
I once arranged a track for a singer named Len Barry, he had a hit called "123" I believe in the 60's. The producer gave me the key and range he would sing it in (he was in Europe at the time) and told me to write the arrangement. At the time of the session, which was at RCA studios, the key was a minor 3rd to high. The musicians transposed it down a minor 3rd with no problem.

A few times I had to make changes in the arrangement on the spot and you do it.

I reluctantly respond to posts like this because most people don't believe you or think you're just exaggerating. But it's true.

'

Musicman22 very cool! As soon as you said the name Len Barry I remembered the tune "123"

I was trained on piano and all by reading music. I need the transpose button no question about it.