Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Ian,
it's really such a pity you can't get access to a korg to try.

You'd love the style editing functions.
Whether or not you'd like the styles is another matter. Yammie & korg styles are different.

You can do your mix n matching of style tracks. You can even use the tracks fom the pads & incorporate them into the style ( & vice versa, ie create a pad from a style track).

Then of course you've got the ability of creating or editing a style in a pc sequencer.
Fairly similar to the way a yammie style looks in a pc sequencer with the markers etc. Actually that's how I convert my old yammie styles to korg format.
Change the markers to suit Korg, remap some of the wrong drums, move the minor Intro's & Endings to the end of the midifile. Save & import it into the Korg. I've now got a style. Then I have to do a bit of tweaking in the korg.

Basically it would be the same way I'd record a style from scratch, if I had the talent. haahaa

best wishes
Rikki

Hi Rikki,

Great to see you posting again! I would LOVE to spend an afternoon with you to learn all you have accomplished on the OS.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand