Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

As the evening as progressed one MAJOR thing I have found with Tyros 4 is problems with polyphony - big problems!
For example, if I choose the VocalFoxtrot style from the Ballroom style section and then try to play a right hand chord with the notes D F G Bb and D - the keyboards backing vocals just vanish.

And this is apparent on other styles too!

The more you play this keyboard the more you find that anyone who can play block chords in the style or organ or big band suddenly hits a stumbling block and a big one. WHY after just 48 hours am I finding this. Surely Yamaha would have played this keyboard before releasing it? Wouldn’t they?

One Touch Settings generally mix three sounds with a harmony setting, especially on Big Band and Ballroom Styles, as well as Organ styles...they aren't intended for the player to play "block" RH chords, as the notes (chords) are already being played by the harmony.

In fact, if you play block chords, on any instrument with stacked voices and the harmony on, it sounds like mush...so why use this technique?

Ian