Just because a keyboard is made of cast iron, doesn't mean it sounds better, good or bad. It just means it's heavier. The main reason I didn't go with a G-70 was I didn't like what I heard. Believe it or not, the main reason most folks buy a particular keyboard is not all the hype on the Zone or other forums--they actually buy them because of what they hear.

Now, that cast iron case doesn't make it more durable unless you have the tendency to drop the keyboard from a tall building. And, if you do, they all will break--even those made of steel. And, when it comes to strength, there are carbon fibers that are far superior in strength than steel or cast iron, and they weigh a fraction of the metal counterparts. Go figure. Guess the build BS is just that--BS.

So, it's still different strokes for different folks. I'll stick with my lightweight, plastic, great-sounding toy. I, and my audiences, like what they hear.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)