I rarely use a mixer unless I someone else performing with me. When I do, it's the Alesis 6FX, which sells for under $100 and does an outstanding job.

With my setup, I fire the keyboard main outputs directly into the Bose L1. My mic, a Crown CM-311A heaset mic, is connected to the Harmony-M, and the output of the Harmony-M is connected directly to the keyboard's Line/Mic In. The Keyboard's master volume is set at the 1 O'clock position.

The switch next to the keyboard's input jack is set to Line and, the volume level of the line in trim pot is set at the 12 O'clock position, while the keyboard's Mic slider is set at 85.

The Bose L1 Compact's input selector switch is set to Line, the master volume is set at approximately the 10 O'clock position for most jobs, but I have cranked it up to the 12 O'clock position on rare occasions. No distortion whatsoever.

Good Luck,

Gary

Almost forgot. If you need additional help, I can call you on the telephone and walk you through the setup process. Just email me your telephone number. I have unlimited long distance service for the U.S. and Canada.

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 10-10-2010).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)