Well, Fran's got PART of that story right ...
It WAS a long drive home, and i HAD to talk to keep him awake! Who ever got into Show Biz to work 10 hour days for less than enough cash to buy a good dinner for 4 at Ruth Chris' steakhouse? Huh????/ lol
I did break a string on my guitar (no biggie)
The "exit" button DID break on my pa800 (slight biggie)
footswitch was NOT broken, just needed adjustment. Whew .... sound like we were in a war zone!
The night did start off on a negative note - the female singer was never told that her male counterpart was not working that night, and the male singer sat in the audience judging our set list! WTF? (where's the fun???)
This is a weird, yet successful dance band, folks. Fran has all the music covered with live, trax, sequences, etc and he runs the tech part of the show. The 2 diva singers won't EVER do 2 songs in a row ..... (sheesh - I sing 60 songs a night alone!)one goes, then they rest .... lather, rinse, repeat.
It's hard enough to set a pace during a night without giving up the control (for lack of a better word) every 4-5 minutes ... this is a very strange way for me to work. Even in my old band days - we fought for the front line - WANTED the attention ... these two Prima Donnas keep playing musical ping pong all night ..... but it works for them!
They pack the floor all night - they get off stage and dance with the crowd and they get paid at the end of the night. Win-Win-Win.
Thanx Fran for an opportunity to see how someone else does it, and still make room for the creative influence to add some of my own style to the mix...it was fun......but Soooooooooo long. Haven't come home after 4am in a LONG, long time.
You're nuts.
(I'm not proofreading this - sorry if there are typos!)