Casio is like Hyundai....They are sneaking up quietly on the Pariahs .

Kurzweil is not even close to the Kurzweil boards they made before they sold out to Lernout and Hauspie in 1997 followed by the issues and layoffs that occurred with a hostile takeover in the Mid 2000s. Few new players realize what a premiere company Kurzweil was 15 years ago in it's hay day.

I used to think any keyboard with speakers on it was a toy......before I laid hands on my first experience with a Yamaha Arranger 5 short years ago. Never even knew they existed nevermind the great samples my Triton.QSR.U220/Proteus 1 and Proteus 2000 could not match...sold all of them to buy the PA2x first (being a huge Triton fan)then the Tyros and later the XS8 to replace the WS features I missed selling the Triton, and never looked back.

My wife is far more critical and has been playing for a living for 30+ years and her board of choice was the Roland digital Pianos. If she likes the lighter Casio, and she could have any board she wants. the weight to quality ration is the best according to her..... I believe it because no one is more anal than her when it comes to gigging. She will not play anything but 88 keys on a solo gig. The only time she will use the RD700 is for band or show gigs which she hates doing anymore.
http://www.myspace.com/beccabaxxon

(of course she doesn't list the Casio in her equipment list for the same reason a few have indicated....LOL)

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-07-2010).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA