Hi Tony,
you'd probably be surprised what this little box can do.

My Ketron salesman here in Aust. didn't even realize it could play styles the same as the Ketron keyboards do. He thought it was just a drum machine, & that it played mp3's & midifiles.

I must admit the manual is less than helpful, ( i read it before deciding whether to purchase sd1+ or midjay). I play arranger keyboard so decided the sd would suit me better than midiing Midjay to a keyboard.

The midjay apparently loads Ketron SD1 styles ( maybe even some of the earlier models?? just not certain, it's the first Ketron I've owned).
You can certainly use it for far more than just a drum machine, just depends what your normal setup is.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony H:
Hi Rikki !
the sd1 , is it the same format (file extentions) as the mjay ?.
i brought this little toy without thinking, i was on the road when i had a little misshap ( in short my drumm/beet box got smashed up ) so i brought somthing that would bring me into the 21st century, but i forgot that i mised a decade or two . all i need is a place or sombody to show me what i am missing (the lot)
the litriture that comes with this little baby is a little on the vague side to say the least.
anway i will prevail if it takes me another decade or two.
cheers
tony

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022