Nick I have owned and worked with both models..

My choice of the two is the G70...

I did not need speakers, and it added another 3-4 pounds over the G70..

76 keys are a big plus to me..don't forget you can zone 3 sounds across the board..extra key range helps..And the key feel on the G70 is better..

The G70 has separate outs..the E80 does not..If you ever wanted to route parts to an external out put...I use this (separate out) as a way of muting G70 parts when I use the g70 as a midi controller (external sound source)..

The D-Beam is dead center on top of the E-80..a bad placement if you have a laptop or module on a second tier..The G70 has the D-Beam to the left side of the keyboard..

The E-80 has an awkward size..and finding a case is harder to find than the G70 case..

The sounds are great on both..and even a single expansion board works well..I use the "studio" board and it adds the basses, brass etc sounds I like..

The E-80 has slightly different drum kits than the G70..but both are great...and completely editable..

The E-80 allows 3 insert effects to be used at the same time (different parts use a single insert effect)...where the G70 uses a single insert effect....A trick though with the separate outs ..a part can be routed back into the aux in and use the effects from there..

Also the E-80 has a MP3 player on version2..but it is a bit complicated and slow to use...not bad , but nothing like the player on the Roland Prelude..

As I said ..for me the G70 is the over all winner of the two...but you can't go wrong with either of them..