OK,
My last comment on the 61 vs 76.
61 is great for most buyers of the arranger..Korg does sell more PA800's than PA2XPRO....BUT Ian...do not assume they don't sell many PA2XPRO's!

In the first place Korg sells LOTS of arrangers in the WORLD WIDE arranger market, sources say more than Yamaha, but who cares.. Most players in the MID -East buy Korg because of the sounds and features...and Korg even has a model just for them. Just go to Youtube and see who is playing Korgs.

I'm as sure of this as I am sure I am 61 years old...There is plenty of profit for Yamaha for a 76 key arranger! Plenty of people would buy it...NO...not as many as 61...but plenty. DO you think Korg, Roland etc are stupid...do you think they would sell 76'ers if there was not enough demand...and they don't profit from it..no!

It has to be that Yamaha management in Japan has made the decision to not build a 76 because of 1 of 2 things...PRO division does not want the competition...or they are making plenty of money on the 61 so why put any money into doing a 76. EVEN though a lot of customers would buy it.

Some here...might call it smart, just rake in the money and to hell with what some of us want (it's a lot more than just a few customers).

Let's say 75% of arranger players want only 61...why worry about the others...I'll tell you why...because those that buy competition strengthen the conpetition, help their bottem line R&D monet is there and the customers that buy from them tout the greatess of the product. Next thing you know more customers are buying the non-Yamaha 61's'

No company should ever think they are immune to competition taking a large slice of their pie...I worked for IBM for 30 years...it happened to them in the 90's. Do you know why it happened to them...the attitude of 'we will tell the customer what they need'! Competition are our lunch! 300,000 emplyees laid off, 17 plants closed. I survived until retirement in 96.

IBM thought they were impervious to anything...being so large and prospeous NOT!

US car buyers said we want quality...they gave us crap for years...we went Honda and Toyota..now they sre building quality again...but it's a long road back.

A company should give customers what they want..within reason. I do.

Lee S.