Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

Dennis, are you sure we are talking about the same software...First..the software will not convert audio to midi data..and I did not mention that..
What it does it does well and is a "Swiss knife " software...
Secondly..you mentioned in another thread (maybe it was someone else) how impressed you were with VST's you found and purchased...also the organ software you
planned on getting too...well the assorted VST's that are shipped with MixCraft5 include Lounge Lizard, Messiah (a Great Prophet 5 synth) and the exact organ software that was mentioned...In all there are more than a half dozen quality VST's..The MixCraft5 software also serves as a host..and you can use an unlimited number of different VST's in combination....even running Windows..

I am telling you this because I wouldn't want anyone discouraged from trying the trial time to examine this great value software....I think they could be mislead by your comments....It will not convert audio (Wave, CD-g, MP3 etc) to midi data...and you are correct that has never worked with any software...also the center cancellation is as you said ..a hit and miss at best....but don't confuse these features..with MixCraft5...they are not even part of the program...[/B]

Yes Fran I agree , BUT the OP was about converting CD-G to MIDI, and NOTHING at all to do with the Mixcraft..

I was re-enforcing the fact that this program does not do it.
I appreciate you promoting something you like, however you SHOULD have stated quite clearly, that it did not do what the OP was originally asking for..This you did not so I was merely pointing that fact out

This is another example of where a thread goes awry, as it has now turned into a discussion re the pros and cons of mixer software and NOT about software to convert audio files to midi files...

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 07-08-2010).]