Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Steve Demming actually called me at home quite a while ago, and we had quite a conversation about why Yamaha won't make a 76 arranger, the gist of which was essentially, there's no demand for one. And yet, here are Yamaha, showing once again that they DO think there's a demand for one.

Yes, Steve and I have talked about this as well...and, he's right, there was found to be little demand for 76 notes in the high range and mid-range arrangers.

However, in the piano based arrangers, like the DGX, the CVP-series, and this new model NP-V80, there will always be the need for at least 76 (and 88) keys, and, they are quite successful, as are the Tyros and PSR five-octave instruments.

Korg has the small segment of 76 note pro arrangers pretty well to itself...and, probably will do well, as long as there is no competition from Ketron, and Liontracs...so far, they aren't much of a threat.

I'm sure if the demand for 76 note high end arrangers was to increase to the point where it was viable for Yamaha, or Roland, to make a significant profit, they'd be making them.

Ian