One thing about the New Orleans area within 100 miles or so in either direction, and with-in New Orleans itself, there are many different genres of music such as, Rock and Roll, Rhythm and Blues, Straight up Jazz, Dixieland Jazz, Country, Rock a Billy, Zydeco, Pop, and many more I can't even name and some I don't care to mention. I mean on one corner there is country on the next corner there is R&R, on another corner, there may be Dixieland Jazz.

You really need to be able to play a bit of each to work steady. Just knowing the tunes is enough for the local guys. The Marsalis’ are an exception.

Besides, Cajun’s are known to drink and party a lot. Therefore, I do not believe they would get much from the effort of trying to educate them about different aspects of artist and their music.

Here in Colorado I do maybe 20 or 30 sort of country tunes. I do not know much about country artist and tunes to educate the audience. Some folks in this area sneer at Desafinado, Fly Me To The Moon, Polka Dots And Moon beams etc. The retirement homes are best for me, All I have to do is play and entertain.

Russ you’re lucky. You get to play for folks who appreciate what you’re doing for the most part I am sure.

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 05-18-2010).]