I wanna say few things here from my own experience, knowledge and opinion since many times
people get confused and also people CLAIM that a Style made on Yammy or Korg with RX or MV
wont sound any good on a DAW only due to the Multi Layers which is Completely Wrong.
First explanations for those who dont know:
RX-RealExperience - Korg's Technology for MultiLayered Voices.
MegaVoices - Yamaha's terminology of MultiLayered Voices
SA - Yamaha's SuperArticulation Voices which has nothing to do with layers but has to do with
commands and messages sent to the sound itself as Switches, Velocity, Portamento or Staccato
playing and many other things that can be implemented but at the end they all trigger just another
Layer or Oscilator of samples, nothing else.
DNC - Korg's Defined Nuance Control, same as the above Yamaha SA voices.
Korg PA2X/800 can have 6 layers for drums and 16 layers for sounds, DNC or RX, both ways.
About Yamaha i dont know exactly about sounds but i think Drums is only 7.
The Question is ''why a Style that uses MultiLayered Voices wont sound good on another Library
which actually also has MultiLayered Voices''...and my own answer is thats a wrong statement.
The Example i gave in the PA800/MS discussion is the same exact thing as this, the style uses
RX Voices on Korg, Multilayered, especially the Drums while at the same time the same Style
uses MultiLayered Drums in Goliath too but this time instead of 6 layers uses 127 layers...WOW!
Same goes for Sounds, why wouldnt a 16 Layers Guitar not sound good on a 127 Layers Guitar?
Actualy IN EVERY CASE it should sound better due to more correct layering and sounds.
Again this is my opinion and what i've learned, tested, compared and never found that it was
worst or impossible, in most cases was only better, livelier, fuller and warmer.
I wrote this only cuz few times people in here claimed Style Conversion due to MultiLayers wont
end up good which can be true but only Convrting a 6 Layered Drum to 1 Sinlge Layer Drum
on a PA500 not even there or bringing a T3 Style to a PSR1500 but not in the case of bringing
6 layers of Korg or Yamaha to 127 Layers of any of todays Libraries or even a Style from PA500
to a PA2X...the more the layers the more precise sound will come out, each hit is different.