I have learned from my experiences with I-pod that most people are willing to pay 1 to 3 dollars for downloadable content, wether it being an MP3 or a little game or application. With these kinds of prices people are happy and don't bother with downloading illegal content. Stuff above $5 barely gets any downloads, or it must be of extreme quallity games.

Yamaha styles ar $7, which is obviously to much compared to the proven I-phone price level.

Next to that the new organ and choir expansions cost $200 for 20 instruments and 10 styles. this pricing is way over the top and is just like asking everyone to just get the illegal coppies from the web.

Now this is not only Yamaha but all producers of software and/or media. People are mostly not prepared to pay those huge prices for software and/or media anymore. Tough the I-phone has proven how much people are prepared to pay.

Espescially with software i would be happier to sell 10 styles a $1 then selling 1 style a $7. The I-phone has proven that people spend more money if prices are low then when the stuff is expensive. And the extra cost for downloadable software are almost non excistent.

So the whole buiseness model of these expensive Yamaha styles has been taken over by time .... and I-phone proves it.

So would you buy much more styles online if they where much cheaper?

http://keyszone.boards.net