Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:

so would you say this guy uses professional gear?

If the Audya has a single finger chord feature, it is essentially a "home" keyboard, with workstation enhancements.

I'm not saying that someone can't do a professional recording with an arranger...I've done a lot myself...I'm not arguing that it can rival a workstation...I think it's actually more useful, at least for my needs.

What I'm saying, is when you have single finger chording on an instrument, it smacks of "home keyboard"...that's all.

I love arrangers...I don't really care if someone thinks it's a "home keyboard"...I laugh all the way to the bank.

Just because a workstation has arps, doesn't make it an arranger...my Roland Jupiter 8 has an arpeggiator, and it ain't a workstation or an arranger.

Yes the line blurs somewhat...but as long as they keep putting a clearly "home" feature on an arranger (i.e. single finger chords), I'm going to regard it as such.

We'll just have to agree to disagree...otherwise it'll be just like the Mac vs PC debate(PC's are better )...there'll be no clear winner.

Ian