Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Check out Sister Bliss playing the KORG Trinity live and one of the biggest Dance songs of all time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1sxd3Z9lvc

Now that's what I call HYPER cool. Used to play this tune live myself back in my younger wild days. The crowd always went mental.

James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 02-28-2010).]

After watching the crowd response to this song (performance?), I'm guessing this crowd was already 'mental' before they arrived. I tried to evaluate this performance with an open mind (difficult, I know) as I do with a lot of ROCK performances that seem musically shallow to me but still seem to ignite (mostly young, middle class) audiences into some kind of mass hysteria.
Ok, I know it's an age/cultural thing (mostly age), but what I see is:
1. A solid, perhaps better-than-average ROCK drummer
2. A pretty blond playing repetitive riffs (with the proper hypnotic effect)
3. A weird-looking 'front man' for maximum visual effect (in this case, a Zombie, imported directly from Haiti )

That combination, or some small variation of it, seems to be the key to success for a lot of rock bands (making lots of money and getting lots of chicks ) and musical content be damned.

I'm not knocking it, just jealous . Sure wish I'd been smart enough (apparently my lack of talent would not have been a handicap) to have tapped into this pot-of-gold. I look at least as good as that front man .

chas