Quote:
Originally posted by jdx:
Hi Tony....
In reply to your question re the Audya....
If you got the one I had for a short time I am not surprised you are unhappy.
I honestly believe it was a faulty unit as well as being totally littered with bugs.

I appreciate it was one of the first ones off the line and that all makes of arranger keyboards have teething problems but that Audya had too many bugs to be considered acceptable for sale.

The product knowledge of dealers for Ketron in the UK is very poor and trying to explain all the faults occuring on the Audya was too much hassle so I returned it.

As you realise by this thread I bought an SD5 because despite everything I love the live sound of Ketron keyboards.

Diki you are correct in assuming that Ketron did promise that styles would be made for the SD5 but all this time later SD5 owners are left out in the cold.

AJ also said on this forum that SD5 styles would be produced in the future (we are several years into production on this product)we are still waiting.

AS I said initially in this thread my SD5 has a few bugs that I have to live with but overall it seems to me that Ketron produce great sounding products that are every bit as good (if not better) than Yamaha Korg and Roland..... but in terms of fixing bugs and producing extra styles they are way behind.

Best wishes ..... John.

John,

The first Audya I had I think was yours, but it kept locking up so it got changed for another one, yours got reloaded with the latest update and got sold to someone else, none of them went back because it was all software based problems as you state, that's life. DonM appears to know a lot about SD5 so I would listen to him, he's a great guy also and he will help you all he can I know that. John, I should have sent mine back and got my money back, it would have gone to a good home somewhere, I have left it too long now i am biting the bullet and the lads are giving me a good kicking on SZ and I deserve it, I am a big style numpty.

Kind Regards

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-04-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-04-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey