Hi. im 16 and im very new to synthesizers and keyboards and things. i tried to research online and i cant seem to find the right information to help me find what im looking to buy.

i want to use this synth in my band (alternative/rock). i've looked around online and i dont really understand the difference between differnt synths and what certain terms mean.

basically, i need a simple and fairly easy-to-use synth, but i dont even know what falls under those standards. i dont NEED all those techno, club-music, pulsing beat thumping bass sounds. i want cool buzzy synth sounds and i want to be able to change the pitch in the middle of the note with a knob or something. i want to be able to make it zip up to a different note. tweak the sounds and stuff. change pitches with a knob, add bass with another knob. get a cool background bassy sound. i have ideas in my head and i try to preview audio from websites of different synths. some have the sound i need, but they seem too expensive. and that makes me wonder if they have too much for what im asking. like, maybe they have what i need, but they probably have those crazy techno danceclub beats and sounds, too. can anybody help guide me in the right direction and maybe tell me what kind of synth i might be looking for? thanks ahead of time for the help.