Those raised on German Folk music may not recognize the lyrics from this old Motown chestnut by Smokey Robinson and Berry Gordy. Doesn't matter. The point is......

Before you shell out those hard earned bucks (in some cases), make sure you're getting the most for your music dollars. Case in point.....I've been laying back waiting/hoping for the price of the Alesis DM-10 drum kit to come down a bit. It really hasn't. It started out at $1499.99 and has stayed there with all the major chains. However, after surfing the net almost daily looking for a better price, I found an ebay seller selling brand spanking new (w/factory waranty) ones for $1199.99 and included free shipping. That's a saving of 300.00 (ok, so you can count). After checking him out as thoroughly as it's possible to check out an ebay seller, I ordered one. I just got the tracking info and it will be arriving Monday. If everything is as advertised, I'll use the savings to buy a quality throne and kick pedal and a dozen pr. of sticks. Heck, I may have enough left over to afford one lesson . I'll get my drummer to come over and help me get it set up (although he hates electronic kits). Never had much interest in drums before; always found them rather annoying, really.....except on those nights when everything is 'in the pocket'.

Happy holidays everyone, and remember, shop wisely (if you've got anything left after the holidays ).

chas