I've read this thread a couple times now and keep coming to the same conclusion about the Audya.

First and foremost, I don't believe price has a lot to do with the number of Audya keyboards that have been sold. Keep in mind there are members of this forum that spend more on their flat-screen TV and entertainment centers.

Second, there are very few locations in the world where you can actually see, touch or play an Audya. So, MOST performers and home players will not purchase something they cannot test drive.

Third, if you do have problems, where do you go to get them solved? The only person in this part of the world is AJ, and he's so overwhelmed he cannot possibly keep up with the demand for his time and expertise. AJ is a nice guy, I've met him several times, he has always been very courteous and he's quite knowledgeable, but there's only one of him--he is the entire, U.S. service department.

Lastly, the number of Audya problems reported on this forum alone would be enough to scare any potential buyers away from making Audya their next purchase. From a performers standpoint, I surely do not wish to purchase a keyboard that has this many problems, little or no local service, and requires repeated OS upgrades to make it somewhat functional--regardless of the price.

Hopefully, I'll get to play DomM's Audya next month so I can make a more educated judgment of the keyboard's features. Until then, I'll stick with my trusty, old PSR-3000s, which just keep on ticking.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)