Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
If Roland wants to make us sit up and take notice, they'd produce a new sound engine that competes with other manufacturers. Roland frustrates me by continuing to put out new keyboards with the same old tired voices which are light years behind in technology compared to other companies.

Right on, Tim. I was interested in a Prelude, but I spent quite a bit of time on one while on my pre-Christams tour...the dealer let me take one back to the hotel.

Very disappointing, both in build quality (the keys were very cheap) and the same tired old voices. The styles were unremarkable, and reminded me of the older E-series.

I think they will lose a lot of customer confidence if they don't make another top of the line instrument with something fresh and ear catching.

I'm not putting down Roland per se, but it only makes sense that once they lose clients to another brand, it will be very tough getting them back again.

Ian