Chas,

One of my Yammie bosses used to do something similar...buy a house, move in, renovate it generically, but very nice, and then sell it at a profit...he always picked homes in terrific surroundings(location, location, location) and ones that required modest work...his wife is a pretty skilled interior decorator...the last house they actually built for about 500G...a golf course went up a year after...the house is worth 1.5 million....dumb like a fox!

I'm too lazy for stuff like that...I live very laid back...got divorced some time ago; no kids, no responsibilities, so it's "come day, go day" for me, and I like it that way.

The Yamaha's are easy to learn...I've had to do clinics with no preparation at all...keyboard arrived at the store when I did.

I usually get the clients to "help" me learn the instrument when that happens...works in my favor, most of the time.

Fortunately, Yamaha's incremental(but still logical) upgrades assure that the basic OS is almost the same from year to year...it changed a bit after the PSR-9000 Pro, but if you can work one, you can get along with any of them. I can usually work my way through a new instrument in a few hours, if I'm under pressure....but that rarely happens

I love it here on the island...sure, the weather is a little extreme, but we never get cyclones, twisters, and floods.

The town I live in just got traffic lights this year...actually made things worse.

It's a small town...they had to close the town library because someone stole the book.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-06-2009).]