Only thing I'd say at this point is, if you have an S900, you are not gaining THAT much over the S900 for a studio use. Donny is really happy with some of the OS things for live use (and the brighter display), but the sound is primarily the same except for a few things. In the studio, the display and MFD and all that stuff for the live player doesn't really come into it. Yes, there's a few more SA voices, some more Mega and Live! stuff, but it only comes as a veneer to the sounds you already have. It has the new guitar NTT's, but again, you do guitars with the real thing already, so not as important.

This is one of those times that I think you REALLY ought to wait until you can play one, and then listen for yourself if it is something that you can't do without...

You are likely to lose a fair chunk as you upgrade (check out what used S900's are, and what a new S910 will cost), maybe as much as $500. If you think in those terms, you would only need an additional $400 to be able to afford to ADD another arranger like the GW-8L (or a Korg) to your recording rig, and gain vastly different sounds to your palette, rather than just a few odd ones going from 900 to 910.

Personally, I think a combination of GW8L and S900 would be a crackin' good pair. Better than an S910 all by itself, honestly.

S900 to S910 is an incremental shift...

S900 PLUS another arranger is a paradigm shift!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-14-2009).]