Bitch, bitch, bitch...

You all want the Audya to be something it isn't. You all want technology on it that no other arranger has. You all want the future NOW...

And not one of you has a clue about how expensive adding all you want would make things. Look, for the last time... FORGET about thinking it is a computer with a keyboard attached. It isn't. It is pretty much like any other arranger out there, a combination of proprietary chips (to run the sounds, effects and I/O) and a RISC computer to run the OS. Trouble with all this is, it costs a LOT more for a custom chip to do, say, USB2 than it costs for off the shelf computer motherboards and PCIe cards to provide USB2. Computer hardware always runs YEARS ahead of dedicated RISC chips. Just tooling for the die is millions. You can't expect this from a TINY keyboard manufacturer.

Look, if it is SO easy, why haven't any of YOU done it yet?

In the meantime, and despite all it's technological stone-agery, it SOUNDS better than any other arranger out there. And, unless you are simply a techno-geek with no interest in the TASK that the machine is designed for (it SURE sounds like you are all more interested in the peripheral technology than how well it performs its' TASK), surely that should be your PRIMARY concern..?

My objections to the Audya are all MUSICAL ones. So WHAT if it has USB1? Shouldn't we still be up in arms about the fact that the loops can't play a sus4 or a dim or an aug, rather than how long it takes to back up? I'll tell you one thing. My audience neither knows, nor cares what kind of USB is on board. BUT... they know good sound when they hear it!